The VITA Tax Service will begin operating in Paris on Tuesday, February 2, at the Atkins-Porter Recreation Center. VITA stands for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.
The VITA office will be in operation for all Tuesdays in the months of February and March. The site is taking appointments for the hours of 9 A.M. until 4:30 P.M. those days.
Appointments may be made by calling Carole Walsh at 731-642-4178. Please no phone calls on Tuesdays as the phone number will not be operating on those days. Masks will be required.
This VITA site efiled over 600 Federal tax returns in the previous years. Any one who is a senior citizen or disabled, and income under $60,000 is able to have their taxes done. Efiling and EIC and special credits can be done.
Items to bring to the VITA site to have your tax return prepared are:
• Proof of identification
• Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
• Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
• Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
• Bank routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit
• Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number)
• Charity donations and medical bills paid– Bring amounts paid, New law on this for all this year where you can deduct $300. Or up to the amount in cash that you have paid
• Educational: Any documents that you have paid • Forms 1095 A-B-or C from health care marketplace
If you get insurance through the Market Place you must bring a copy of your 1095 A